Search This Blog

Thursday, December 6, 2012

"7 Things That Keep Me Young" by Mally Roncal

Celebrity makeup artist Mally Roncal turned 40 this past January, here she shares some wisdom on looking young.

1.  A Great Moisturizer   Dr. Brandt Lineless Infinite Moisture Lotion ($65) "This is the only thing that truly balances my skin."
Dr. Brandt Skincare - lineless® infinite moisture®
2. Mismatched Eyeliner "I do black on the top and a soft brown or plum on the bottom.  I like to wiggle the pencil in between my top lashes instead of lining above them, which can make lids look heavy."

3.  Low-Shimmer Shadow "...go for something with fine, tiny bits of shimmer, not chunky flecks or a chrome finish."

4.  Nude Lip Liner  "There's nothing more aging than wearing lip pencil that matches your lipstick-it looks so severe.  Instead, use a liner in the same color as your natural lips..."

5.  Long, Sexy Hair  "...i use Wen hair products, which are sulfate-free and made with natural ingredients, and Fekkai Color Care Shampoo and Conditioner ($25 ea).  And, I never use a blow dryer...I'll wash my hair at night and let it air-dry.  The next day I use a curling iron or hot rollers to add some body..."

6.  Powder-Free Finish  "I'm probably the only makeup artist with an aversion to translucent powder-I hate how it settles into wrinkles.  I prefer a mattifying gel like my Evercolor Poreless Face Defender ($40):  It gets rid of shine, and also fills lines so your skin looks smoother."

7.  Yoga with my Hubby  "...at night we do yoga...it helps us connect on a spiritual level.  It forces us to slow down and take a deep breath."



Source:  Redbookmag.com

No comments:

Post a Comment